17.2 Signs & Displays
- Environmental design, including single, or a range of, signs and displays. Signs or signage
are any kind of graphics created to display information for a particular audience,
typically way-finding information on streets, outside and inside of buildings. A range of signs
is a series of signs for a specific purpose. Displays are designs for non-permanent installations,
point of sales information etc.
- Street signs (or range of street signs)
- Neon signs
- Commercial signs
- Way-finding systems (e.g. for a hospital or a museum)
- Displays for museums and exhibitions
- Displays for trade and science fairs
- City and metro maps
- Informational panels
- Self-promotional signs and displays
- The sign or display must have been published in the previous calendar year, and can’t be self-promotional.
- A series of signs is considered as one submission subject to a single fee.
- See previous winners in this category here.
Files to prepare
- Save image files of the sign or display as JPG (1372px wide, RGB, 72 dpi).
- You may also include digital photos of the signs or displays in the environment
they were designed for (980px wide, RGB, 72 dpi).
- These images will appear in the winners' gallery, if your design is awarded.
- Upload the images via this site (no later than 19 February).