15.1 Book & Editorial Illustration
- Illustrations created for books or for the purpose of accompanying articles.
- The following list includes examples of illustrations. Other illustrations may also be eligible.
- Children’s book illustrations
- Comic book illustrations
- Cookbook illustrations
- Encyclopaedia illustrations
- Novel illustrations
- Illustrations in a magazine
- Illustrations in a newspaper
- Illustration in other periodicals
- Illustrations for articles on websites
- Corporate illustrations
- Self-promotional illustrations
- The illustration must have been published in the previous calendar year, and can’t be self-promotional.
- A range of illustrations is considered as one submission subject to a single fee.
- See previous winners in this category here.
Files to prepare
- Save image files (and if applicable also digital photos) of the illustration as JPG
(1372px wide, RGB, 72 dpi).
- These images will appear in the winners' gallery, if your design is awarded.
- Upload the images via this site.
What to send
- For a book illustration, please include a sample of the book. Mark it discreetly
with your submission code.
- For an editorial illustration, include a printout in A4. You may also include the page
from the magazine/newspaper where it was used. Mount it on hard board and mark it
on the reverse side with your submission code.
- Place the copy/printout, the CD/DVD and a business card in an envelope and post it
to European Design's Greek office (to arrive no later than 28 February).